Honeymoon Tahiti Style

Friday, June 10, 2011


I was so thrilled to go to Tahiti with Matt on our honeymoon! We had so much fun and would love to go back someday, especially since we left all of our souvenirs on the plane (ugh). It was truly an incredible experience being away from everyone and everything we knew and just enjoying the two of us. We stayed on a hut over the water which is what we had always dreamed of. I talked Matt into swimming with the dolphins and renting a mo-ped to tool around on the island with. We purchased the meal plan ahead of time which included breakfast and lunch. We literally had to be rolled out of the dining room after every meal. It was the best food we had ever tasted and we definitely took full advantage of it! Matt kept a daily journal of everything that we did and every once in a while I will go back and read through it. It’s really cute. Like him

 our sweet hut at the end

 if you like pina coladas!

 our dining hall

 a DIY project? i think not...

 ocean views

 livin' the high life
 
 bobble heads

 and we're off!

 why hasn't america thought of this yet?

 a stop on our mo-ped trip

 hello sunshine

 roll us out!

 free willy! wait, wrong mammal...

 muah!

 tricky

 bubbly toes

 i could get used to this

 matt hated this suit. it was my fave!

 always love

champagne on my deck on the water? yes please!

 succulent. love.

 shade

 take me there. i wanna go back!

Hope you enjoyed a trip though memory lane! It makes me wanna jump on a plane right now! Where did you go on your honeymoon? Would you go back or do you want to go somewhere new?

I'm off to San Luis Obispo (again!) for my brother's and his fiancee's graduation from Cal Poly SLO (my alma mater). You know I'll be blogging it next week! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. ooo my gosh. what a dream vacation. i need to convince my fiance to take an island vaca (he's afraid to fly to an island after LOST! ughhh). anyhooo have a great time this weekend :) xo jillian:: enter to win a $100 shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super jealous! I coould faint from the jealously. Its BEAUTIFUL! How long is the flight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, it was about nine hours! Which felt like forever because I was so excited to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been on a honeymoon before... not yet. hehe. I'm still too young for marriage. But I love what I see! I like that swimsuit too ;] It flatters your body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I would have LOVED to honeymoon in a hut over the water! What a trip of a lifetime! ::)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would u like to do a guest post on my blog about your trip to Tahiti? Focus on what you did there and the specific resort u stayed at - tips for those who might go there etc - click on my travel section on my blog and use my posts as a guide- you will be the first in this new series on my blog :) email me if u are interested! Cute blog :) xoxo shel

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Leave a comment...it makes my day!